This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1021 / 52°6'7"N
Longitude: -2.0047 / 2°0'16"W
OS Eastings: 399775
OS Northings: 244859
OS Grid: SO997448
Mapcode National: GBR 2JX.3ZM
Mapcode Global: VHB0S.6FKD
Entry Name: The Old House
Listing Date: 11 February 1965
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1116930
English Heritage Legacy ID: 442631
Location: Cropthorne, Wychavon, Worcestershire, WR10
Civil Parish: Cropthorne
Built-Up Area: Cropthorne
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Fladbury, Hill and Moor, Wyre Piddle, Cropthorne and Charlton
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
2301 Main Street
(North West Side)
The Old House
SO 94 SE 14/256 11.2.65.
Early C17 nucleus of timber frame and plaster and painted brick. Restored.
Single storey and attics. Modern or restored moulded wood mullioned and
transomed 6-light windows. Projecting gabled bay on south. A modern large
block in traditional style has been added to the northern end, projecting
to the rear. The whole is sympathetically and attractively blended. Thatch
roof. Garden 1900-2 design by Sir Edwin Lutyens. Sunken garden with stone
walls, ball finials. Stone sundial.
The Old House, Perseus & Phoenix, Little Findon and The Pound form a group.
Listing NGR: SO9977544859
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings