This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5812 / 52°34'52"N
Longitude: -1.5995 / 1°35'58"W
OS Eastings: 427237
OS Northings: 298231
OS Grid: SP272982
Mapcode National: GBR 5HM.4G1
Mapcode Global: WHCHC.DDL0
Entry Name: Former Quaker Meeting House Adjoining North of Methodist Chapel
Listing Date: 21 November 1995
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1117379
English Heritage Legacy ID: 442185
Location: Baddesley Ensor, North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, CV9
District: North Warwickshire
Civil Parish: Baddesley Ensor
Built-Up Area: Baddesley Ensor
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Baddesley Ensor
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
SP29NE KEYS HILL
1729-0/9/10003 (North side)
Former Quaker Meeting
House adjoining north
of Methodist Chapel
Quaker meeting-house, now used as Sunday-school to Methodist Chapel. Circa 1768; with attached 1895 Methodist Chapel [not included]. English bond red and blue brick. Clay plain tile roof with gabled ends and brick dentil eaves course. Truncated brick stack at north gable end. PLAN : Single-cell rectangular plan with entrance at the centre of the longer west side and a pulpit at the north end. Attached to the north end are the single-cell remains of a cottage or manse with a fireplace in the comer. In 1895 a larger Methodist Chapel [not included] was built at the south end. EXTERIOR: Single storey. Symmetrical 3-bay front with two 2-light mullion-transom windows in original openings with cambered brick arches and central doorway with similar arch, rectangular overlight and plank door. Two similar widows at rear with glazing bars. At north end, a small single-storey cottage, its pitched roof reduced to a lean-to. INTERIOR Two king-post roof trusses, ceiled at mid height. SOURCE: RCHME, An Inventory of Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting-houses in Central England, page 228.
Listing NGR: SP2723798231
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings