This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2159 / 51°12'57"N
Longitude: -0.7993 / 0°47'57"W
OS Eastings: 483961
OS Northings: 146984
OS Grid: SU839469
Mapcode National: GBR DB3.NRQ
Mapcode Global: VHDY2.3PBR
Entry Name: 69 69a 69b, Castle Street
Listing Date: 26 April 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1117382
English Heritage Legacy ID: 290897
Location: Farnham, Waverley, Surrey, GU9
Civil Parish: Farnham
Built-Up Area: Farnham
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Farnham
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
1099 CASTLE STREET
26.4.50. No 69
Nos 69A and 69B
SU 8346 NE 5/38
C18, refronted with 4½ ins modern brick skin. 2 storey and attic. Tile mansard
roof. One dormer. 2 3-light windows on 1st floor and shop front on ground
floor of 2 windows and central door framed with Corinthian pilasters and moulded
entablature. Original chamfered stone quoins visible on left hand return angle.
Extension to right hand - 2-storey. Brick upper part with stone coping. Old
tile roof. Ground floor consists of a modern panelled wood treatment (C18
manner) with 2 6-panel doors in outer corners with architraves and panels above,
flanking central 3-light window, all under dentilled wood cornice.
No 69A and 69B:- Late C18 to early C19 rear wing. Tiled roof with hip to east
end. 2 storeys. Brick once painted. 4 3-panes wide windows in reveals;
irregular fenestration below. A modern half-glazed door at either end; coupled
modern flush panelled doors in centre.
All the listed buildings in Castle Street (East SIde) form a group.
Listing NGR: SU8397046987
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings