This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4836 / 51°29'0"N
Longitude: -0.5655 / 0°33'55"W
OS Eastings: 499705
OS Northings: 177048
OS Grid: SU997770
Mapcode National: GBR F8G.V61
Mapcode Global: VHFT9.4ZX1
Entry Name: Cemetary Chapel
Listing Date: 26 April 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1117629
English Heritage Legacy ID: 40658
Location: Datchet, Windsor and Maidenhead, SL3
County: Windsor and Maidenhead
Civil Parish: Datchet
Built-Up Area: Datchet
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Berkshire
Church of England Parish: Datchet
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
5130 DATCHET DITTON ROAD
SU 9977 5/18
1894. Land donated by Duchess of Buccleugh and Queensberry, building by
Mrs Mary Ann Clarke. Red brick moulded brick dressings, tiled roof.
Single cell chapel, gabled porch and vestry projections. "Gothic" style. Pointed
windows, four bays diagonal buttresses. Continuous drip mould and cill bands. At
west (ritual) end a simple rose window above blank arcading. Large tripartite East
Window. Decorative tile panel above entrance.
Interior: yellow stocks with red brick dressings, arches well gauged and chamfered.
Moulded brick dado rail. Good stained glass either end and in two side windows.
Ceramic memorial panel in west end wall. Inscription plaque on north wall.
Listing NGR: SU9970577048
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings