This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4834 / 51°29'0"N
Longitude: -0.5744 / 0°34'27"W
OS Eastings: 499085
OS Northings: 177010
OS Grid: SU990770
Mapcode National: GBR F8F.ZJF
Mapcode Global: VHFT9.0Z57
Entry Name: Cedar House
Listing Date: 23 September 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1117639
English Heritage Legacy ID: 40675
Location: Datchet, Windsor and Maidenhead, SL3
County: Windsor and Maidenhead
Civil Parish: Datchet
Built-Up Area: Datchet
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Berkshire
Church of England Parish: Datchet
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
5130 DATCHET HORTON ROAD
SU 9977 5/17 23.9.55
Cl7, altered mid C18 and C19. Timber frame rendered and colourwashed. Welsh slate
hipped roof, two storeys and attics. Modern double hung sashes with glazing bars in
flush wood cases, with tile cills and window shutters. Central ground floor window
of three-lights with wood mullions and glazing bars. Door on right hand with
rusticated surround and raised keystone. First and second floor raised bands.
Second floor shortened on right slightly by continued east side slope of roof. One
storey, one window outshut to right hand ground floor.
Interior: contains ovolo, painted panelling with dado in main ground and first floor
rooms, two marble mantelpieces, one Cl7 staircase window with wood mullion and
transome. Doors are original complete with locks, and there is a late C18 wall
painting at the rear of ground floor.
Dr Herschell the Astronomer is reputed to have lived here circa 1780, - The History
of Datchet, S Osborn 1896.
Listing NGR: SU9908577010
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings