This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4787 / 51°28'43"N
Longitude: -0.6125 / 0°36'45"W
OS Eastings: 496450
OS Northings: 176440
OS Grid: SU964764
Mapcode National: GBR F8L.7YV
Mapcode Global: VHFTG.B3J8
Entry Name: 39-51, St Leonards Street
Listing Date: 2 October 1975
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1117696
English Heritage Legacy ID: 40537
Location: Windsor and Maidenhead, SL4
County: Windsor and Maidenhead
Electoral Ward/Division: Castle Without
Built-Up Area: Windsor
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Berkshire
Church of England Parish: New Windsor
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
1. ST LEONARD'S ROAD
Nos 39 to 51 (odd)
SU 9676 SW 5/203
Circa 1890-1900. Symmetrically designed row of 2 storey and attic red brick
houses with original shop fronts. End pairs and centre have flat topped Dutch
gables fronting attic, swept moulded copings, broader to No 45 with carved brick
garland plaque over paired attic casements. Nos 43 and 47 have 2 deep gabled
bargeboarded dormers. Panelled brick frieze and weathered string carried up
as drip mould over carved brick plaques above 1st floor windows of gabled fronts.
3 light shop windows flanked by house door and double panelled and glazed shop
door, frieze of thick glazing bar diamond pattern lights carried across. Broad
red stone piers with interlace panels divide shop fronts. Gable endshave ornate
carved brick panels. Gable end tiled roof with heavy C17 style chimneys.
Nos 39 to 51 (odd) form a group.
Listing NGR: SU9645076433
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings