This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4781 / 51°28'41"N
Longitude: -0.6299 / 0°37'47"W
OS Eastings: 495243
OS Northings: 176347
OS Grid: SU952763
Mapcode National: GBR F8K.9JX
Mapcode Global: VHFTG.13BR
Entry Name: St Annes House Convent of St John the Baptist
Listing Date: 18 June 1973
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1117740
English Heritage Legacy ID: 40441
Location: Windsor and Maidenhead, SL4
County: Windsor and Maidenhead
Electoral Ward/Division: Clewer East
Built-Up Area: Windsor
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Berkshire
Church of England Parish: Clewer St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
1 HATCH LANE, CIEWER
St Anne's House.
Convent of St John the Baptist.
SU 97 NE 8/159
1853, architect Henry Woodyer. Gothic. H plan. 2 storeys and attic, red brick.
Steep pitch tiled roof. South front has casement windows. One bay window of
5 pointed lights ground floor. 3 narrow gablets above as dormers. 4 circular
chimneys rising from 1st floor and made to look like medieval bartisans with
circular shafts. 3 wider dormers between these. West range between gabled projections
has cusped machicollation to the eaves. 6 gablet dormers. 6 three light windows
with blind pointed arches.
Listing NGR: SU9524376347
Other nearby listed buildings