This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4808 / 51°28'51"N
Longitude: -0.6072 / 0°36'25"W
OS Eastings: 496815
OS Northings: 176685
OS Grid: SU968766
Mapcode National: GBR F8L.39C
Mapcode Global: VHFTG.F1CM
Entry Name: The Coach House
Listing Date: 2 October 1975
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1117766
English Heritage Legacy ID: 40400
Location: Windsor and Maidenhead, SL4
County: Windsor and Maidenhead
Electoral Ward/Division: Castle Without
Built-Up Area: Windsor
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Berkshire
Church of England Parish: New Windsor
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
1 BACHELOR'S ACRE
"The Coach House"
SU 9676 NE 3/130
Circa 1860-70 two storey gabled coachman's house with entrance to yard. Red
and stock brick polychromy. Bargeboarding to gable. 3 grouped round-headed
lights from 1st floor window. Brick bands and strings. Semi-circular arched
carriageway occupies ground floor, The rear elevation to yard has right angle
flight of step leading up to 1st floor gabled porch over carriage arch. The
east side has jettered timber framing to 1st floor, the ground floor has
fluted pilasters and wood trellis arcade with shaped brackets. 2 round headed
windows 1st floor and between them an ashlar chimney breast decorated with good
stucco plaques of putti engaged in rural labours. The coach house complex belonged
to No 7 High Street.
Listing NGR: SU9681576686
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings