This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8841 / 51°53'2"N
Longitude: -0.8634 / 0°51'48"W
OS Eastings: 478324
OS Northings: 221220
OS Grid: SP783212
Mapcode National: GBR C0K.Y83
Mapcode Global: VHDTQ.ZXD2
Entry Name: Stables and Coach House East of Oving House
Listing Date: 25 October 1951
Last Amended: 29 January 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1117812
English Heritage Legacy ID: 42186
Location: Oving, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, HP22
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Oving
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Oving with Pitchcott
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 72 SE OVING THE VILLAGE
2/37 Stables and Coach-house to
east of Oving House (formerly
listed under Oving House)
Former stables and coach-house, now garages and flat. Mid C18, altered.
Front is of red and vitreous brick with moulded plinth and eaves; end to road
is partly of coursed rubble stone. Hipped old tile roof with C20 brick
chimney to right of centre, and central wooden cupola. 2 storeys, 5 bays.
Barred sash windows with slightly cambered heads, those to ground floor with
stone keyblocks and altered sills,those to first floor only half as tall.
Ground floor outer bays have semi-circular brick arches with stone keyblocks
and springers, the right with garage doors, the left blocked with extra
sash window. Central 8-panelled door in rusticated wooden architrave frame
with keyblock and pediment above. Cupola has small lead dome on
hexagonal arcade of slender wooden columns, and square base with clock. Rear
Listing NGR: SP7832421220
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings