This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8368 / 51°50'12"N
Longitude: -0.629 / 0°37'44"W
OS Eastings: 494555
OS Northings: 216237
OS Grid: SP945162
Mapcode National: GBR F43.XF1
Mapcode Global: VHFRQ.13S8
Entry Name: The Old Vicarage
Listing Date: 18 October 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1117872
English Heritage Legacy ID: 42030
Location: Ivinghoe, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, LU7
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Ivinghoe
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Ivinghoe with Pitstone
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 91 NW IVINGHOE CHURCH ROAD
4/47 No.7 (The Old Vicarage)
House. Probably mid-late C18, altered c.1840. Irregular red and vitreous
brick. 3 bays to left have parapet with moulded stone coping and stone
cornice below, and steeply pitched slate roof with brick chimney to
right of centre. Right bay has old tile roof with stone coped stepped
gable to front and moulded brick eaves to sides. Square chimney shaft
set diagonally between bays. All openings have moulded stone Tudor
hoodmoulds, that over door painted. 2 storeys. Small barred sash
windows with 4-centred heads, 3-light to ground floor, 2-light to first floor
of right-hand bays. First floor of left bays have similar paired casements.
6 panelled door in second bay, half-glazed with arched top-lights. C19
brick porch has stone coped parapet, 4-centred arch to front and glazed
arches to sides.
Listing NGR: SP9455516237
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings