This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7761 / 51°46'33"N
Longitude: -0.8762 / 0°52'34"W
OS Eastings: 477632
OS Northings: 209201
OS Grid: SP776092
Mapcode National: GBR C1X.M8W
Mapcode Global: VHDV9.RMN9
Entry Name: General Baptist Chapel
Listing Date: 12 August 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1118299
English Heritage Legacy ID: 43057
Location: Dinton-with-Ford and Upton, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, HP17
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Dinton-with-Ford and Upton
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Stone with Dinton and Hartwell
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 70 NE DINTON-WITH-FORD AND CHAPEL ROAD, Ford
UPTON (south side)
7/120 General Baptist Chapel
Baptist Chapel built 1716; heightened and enlarged in 1829; new
entrance bay added in 1852. Refitted internally in 1884. 4 bays.
Two storeyfront. North-east side and rear walls of witchert and
rendered stone rubble relating to 1716 structure with C19 brick
pilaster strips dividing the bays. North-west entrace front of red
brick with vitreous headers. Tiled roof, half-hipped to rear with
coped gable to entrance front with date stone in centre inscribed
"Built 1716 Enlarged 1852". North east side wall with two round
arched windows with Y-tracery. Two window entrance front with gauged
flat brick arches to recessed sash windows with glazing bars. Central
round arched doorway with radial fanlight and panelled door;one storey
Sunday School of 1884 on south west side.
Listing NGR: SP7763209201
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings