This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7579 / 51°45'28"N
Longitude: -0.739 / 0°44'20"W
OS Eastings: 487133
OS Northings: 207331
OS Grid: SP871073
Mapcode National: GBR D3M.L0X
Mapcode Global: VHDVL.42PQ
Entry Name: Parish Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 21 December 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1118398
English Heritage Legacy ID: 42793
Location: Wendover, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, HP22
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Wendover
Built-Up Area: Wendover
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Wendover
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 8707 WENDOVER CHURCH LANE
11/221 Parish Church of St. Mary
Parish church. C14 restored 1839 and in 1869 by Street. Flint rubble with
random blocks of stone, ashlar stone dressings - older work in church,
restoration in limestone. Tiled roofs except for lead on nave aisles.
Nave, aisles, chancel with C19 vestry on N., chapel on S.; embattled west tower
with small "spike"; traceried belfry windows, small lancet with shafts
to mid-stage of N. side; stair turret on S. side and heavy buttresses.
Traceried windows, many restored. C19 south porch, containing C14 door-
way with ball flower ornament. Oak north porch. Interior C14 tower arch,
later C14 nave of 5 bays, tall columns with leaf carving on capitals.
C19 fittings including circular marble pulpit probably by Street.
Listing NGR: SP8713307331
Other nearby listed buildings