This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7629 / 51°45'46"N
Longitude: -0.7416 / 0°44'29"W
OS Eastings: 486943
OS Northings: 207884
OS Grid: SP869078
Mapcode National: GBR D3L.KB3
Mapcode Global: VHDVD.3Y9F
Entry Name: The Old Town House
Listing Date: 11 October 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1118406
English Heritage Legacy ID: 42810
Location: Wendover, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, HP22
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Wendover
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Wendover
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 8607 WENDOVER HIGH STREET
10/236 Nos. 2 & 2A, The Old Town
Dentists' surgery, formerly Wendover Literary Institute opened 1863,
possibly designed by William Wilkinson of Oxford. Red brick with
blue brick ornament and stone dressings. Steep pitched tiled roof with
bands of fishscale pattern tiles, brick chimney, dentil brick eaves;
2 storeys. High Street elevation has projecting gable to RH, 3-light
gothic arched window to 1st floor with colonnettes and moulded capitals,
2 segmental arched sashes to ground floor. Gabled porch in centre with
gothic arched doorway, inscription and date on apex stone. 2-light gothic
window to LH, RH light with sloping cill. Aylesbury Road elevation has full
height canted bay to RH with gothic arched upper windows, segmental lower.
Prominent location in village centre.
Listing NGR: SP8694307884
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings