This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.763 / 51°45'46"N
Longitude: -0.7416 / 0°44'29"W
OS Eastings: 486943
OS Northings: 207896
OS Grid: SP869078
Mapcode National: GBR D3L.KB2
Mapcode Global: VHDVD.3Y9C
Entry Name: Old Coach House old Corner House
Listing Date: 25 October 1951
Last Amended: 11 October 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1118437
English Heritage Legacy ID: 42787
Location: Wendover, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, HP22
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Wendover
Built-Up Area: Wendover
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Wendover
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 8607 WENDOVER BACK STREET
10/215 Nos. 1 & 2 Old Corner House and
Old Coach House (formerly listed
as Corner House Hotel,Aylesbury
Three houses, formerly hotel, fronting Aylesbury Road. C18, brick with
gauged brick aches, some with soffits cut in ornamental patterns. Old
tile roof hipped at corner, brick chimneys, moulded wood eaves. 2 storeys
on high plinth, former attic (dormers removed 1975).Front of 5 wide
bays each containing 2 windows, separated by narrow brick recesses, except
central bay which has wide carriage arch now filled in with window to
ground floor, below 1st floor window flanked by 2 narrow brick recesses.
Door with stone steps between 1st and 2nd bays from LH. Ground floor
sashes have architrave frames and moulded brick cornices above arches.
1st floor sashes 4 panes wide in reveals. Flank elevation to Back
Street has 1 bay with pair of blank windows. Rear elevation restored 1976.
Listing NGR: SP8694307896
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings