History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Rectory

A Grade II Listed Building in Tarrant Hinton, Dorset

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.8987 / 50°53'55"N

Longitude: -2.092 / 2°5'31"W

OS Eastings: 393623

OS Northings: 111026

OS Grid: ST936110

Mapcode National: GBR 309.KXH

Mapcode Global: FRA 66HQ.QSK

Entry Name: The Old Rectory

Listing Date: 14 July 1955

Last Amended: 18 October 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1118496

English Heritage Legacy ID: 103688

Location: Tarrant Hinton, North Dorset, Dorset, DT11

County: Dorset

District: North Dorset

Civil Parish: Tarrant Hinton

Traditional County: Dorset

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset

Church of England Parish: Tarrant Hinton St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Salisbury

Find accommodation in
Pimperne

Listing Text

TARRANT HINTON
ST 93 11 TARRANT HINTON
VILLAGE

10/60 The Old Rectory
14.7.55 (formerly listed as
GV The Rectory)
II
Rectory, now private house, c.1850 by Benjamin Ferrey. Flemish bond brickwork
with tiled roof having end stone copings and brick kneelers. 2-parallel
ranges. End brick stacks with paired flues paired diamond-wise. In the
Tudor style. 2 storeys and attics, 3 bay. Ground floor has 4-light stone
mullioned and transomed windows with moulded labels continued as string
course. First floor has 2 3-light stone mullioned and transomed windows
flanking a central similar single light window; all have returned, moulded
labels. Attic has 2 gabled dormers with 2-light stone mullioned windows.
Casements have octagonal pattern glazing bars. Main doorway in north-east
wing has moulded 4-centred head.

Internal features (RCHM): stone fireplace surrounds with moulded 4-centred
heads (RCHM, Dorset, vol IV, p.99, no.4 Newman,J. and Pevsner, N. The
Buildings of England: Dorset, 1972, p.418.)


Listing NGR: ST9362311026

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.