This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.1673 / 51°10'2"N
Longitude: -0.2224 / 0°13'20"W
OS Eastings: 524378
OS Northings: 142400
OS Grid: TQ243424
Mapcode National: GBR JJR.QLH
Mapcode Global: VHGSH.3X8H
Entry Name: Farm Building at Edolphs Approximately 50 Metres to North East of House
Listing Date: 19 June 1998
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1119778
English Heritage Legacy ID: 469332
Location: Charlwood, Mole Valley, Surrey, RH6
District: Mole Valley
Civil Parish: Charlwood
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Charlwood
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
TQ24SW CHARLWOOD NORWOOD HILL ROAD
1111/1/10000 Farm Building at Edolphs approx.
50m to north-east of house
Farm building, subsequently, if not originally, used as a granary. Late C18 with later alterations and C20 outshuts. Limestone rubble brought to course with red brick quoins; south gable tile hung. Plain tile roof. Outshuts of brick with weatherboard gable (on west side) and corrugated iron (on east side). 2 storeys, 2 bays, with outshut addition along each side. West side (inside outshut), has pegged wood-frame doorway on right; at left end 2 blocked openings at floor level, one of them arched; area of uneven stonework at centre. East side has blocked original 1st-floor window on right, with exposed wood frame; later window on left under caves; exposed rafter feet. North end: brick gable with exposed roof truss comprising tie-beam, posts up to collar (framing later window), v-struts to principal rafters, and ends of clasped purlins.
INTERIOR: ground floor white-washed and with door to steep ladder stair; crude joists and floor boards, blackened at south-east corner and originally with access to 1st floor in north-west corner. 1st floor had plastered floor and walls; lath and plaster ceiling; central roof truss with tie- beam and raking queen struts and boarded partition below; board storage bin in south west corner; blocked, later window on west side. A well-built farm-building of the C18 with surviving interior granary features.
Listing NGR: TQ2437842399
Other nearby listed buildings