This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.6315 / 50°37'53"N
Longitude: -1.9698 / 1°58'11"W
OS Eastings: 402231
OS Northings: 81306
OS Grid: SZ022813
Mapcode National: GBR 453.6TY
Mapcode Global: FRA 67RD.QD9
Entry Name: The Obelisk on North Hill
Listing Date: 21 March 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1119884
English Heritage Legacy ID: 108272
Location: Swanage, Purbeck, Dorset, BH19
Civil Parish: Studland
Traditional County: Dorset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset
Church of England Parish: Studland St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
SZ 03 SW
ULWELL ROAD (OFF)
The Obelisk on North Hill
Originally erected in London, near St Mary Woolnoth's Church, in the mid C19. Brought to Swanage by George Burt, and erected on its present site in 1892, to commemorate the provision of a new water supply to the town. Re-erected. in 1973 after being taken down during the Second World War. Hexagonal granite obelisk on a two-stage base, with pointed top, standing on a prehistoric round barrow. A prominent feature of the landscape.
Listing NGR: SZ0223181306
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings