This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.8036 / 50°48'13"N
Longitude: -2.0115 / 2°0'41"W
OS Eastings: 399284
OS Northings: 100452
OS Grid: ST992004
Mapcode National: GBR 31L.G8H
Mapcode Global: FRA 66PZ.064
Entry Name: Pamphill Church of England First School
Listing Date: 18 March 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1120192
English Heritage Legacy ID: 107285
Location: Pamphill, East Dorset, Dorset, BH21
District: East Dorset
Civil Parish: Pamphill
Traditional County: Dorset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset
Church of England Parish: Kingston Lacy St Stephen
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
5193 PAMPHILL LITTLE PAMPHILL
Pamphill Church of England
ST 90 SE 3/60 18.3.55
Built 1698 by Roger Gillingham of the Middle Temple as a school and almshouses, these
latter now incorporated in the school. Brick walls, tiled roofs with stone eaves
courses and parapets with moulded brick copings. Single storey. Long almshouse range
with taller schoolroom block in centre, at right angles, forming a T-shaped plan.
Schoolroom has ledged door in classical stone surround with curved broken pediment.
Two tall windows with glazing bars each side of this. Above the doorway, an inscribed
stone plaque. Gable above this rendered, with blocked circular Window.
The former almshouse wings each side of the schoolroom each have four ledged doors
and four casement windows with lead lights. Plat band above window heads. Various
modern additions at rear.
RCHM Monument 3.
Listing NGR: ST9928400452
Other nearby listed buildings