This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.6779 / 50°40'40"N
Longitude: -2.2394 / 2°14'21"W
OS Eastings: 383181
OS Northings: 86498
OS Grid: SY831864
Mapcode National: GBR 21H.JMW
Mapcode Global: FRA 6768.TNH
Entry Name: Former Church, Including Headstones in Churchyard and Boundary Wall to Road
Listing Date: 2 October 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1120362
English Heritage Legacy ID: 108863
Location: Wool, Purbeck, Dorset, BH20
Civil Parish: Wool
Built-Up Area: Wool
Traditional County: Dorset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset
Church of England Parish: Wool, East Burton and Combe Keynes
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
4/402 WOOL BURTON LANE
in churchyard and
boundary wall to road
Redundant church used for industrial purposes. Built 1839 - designed by
J.T. Parkinson (RCHM). Stone walls, slate roofs with moulded gable parapets.
Simple rectangular plan with no separate chancel. Porch at south (liturgical
"west") end, with door in west wall. Each of the side walls has three "Gothic"
windows with simple Y-tracery, and shallow buttresses. Timber bell-cote over south
gable - bell now removed. All internal fittings removed. Various C19 headstones in
churchyard. Stone boundary wall to road.
RCHM Monument 2.
Listing NGR: SY8318186498
Other nearby listed buildings