This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.6382 / 50°38'17"N
Longitude: -2.2081 / 2°12'29"W
OS Eastings: 385376
OS Northings: 82079
OS Grid: SY853820
Mapcode National: GBR 21Y.SN1
Mapcode Global: FRA 678D.1L2
Entry Name: Parish Church of St Andrew
Listing Date: 20 November 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1120466
English Heritage Legacy ID: 108603
Location: East Lulworth, Purbeck, Dorset, BH20
Civil Parish: East Lulworth
Traditional County: Dorset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset
Church of England Parish: The Lulworths, Winfrith Newburgh and Chaldon
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
SY8582 EAST LULWORTH LULWORTH PARK
20.11.59 Parish Church of
Parish Church. Tower late C15, rest rebuilt 1864, Architect John Hicks. Rubble
stone walls, tiled roofs with parapets to gables. Nave, chancel, south porch and
west tower. Tower of 4 stages, with battlemented parapets and corner pinnacles.
Corbel table below parapet. Angle buttresses with pinnacles finishing at base of
belfry. Tall narrow traceried windows to belfry. Large stone corbels between
these. Two-light windows in lowest stage. Body of church in Gothic Revival style.
Two-light traceried windows to nave and chancel. Tower arch of depressed
four-centred form, with canopied niches each side. Font C15 - octagonal with
panelled sides. C18 carved Royal Arms in chancel. Hatchment on south wall. Other
fittings C19. Good tower. Several C18 headstones in churchyard, some with good
RCHM Monument 1.
Listing NGR: SY8537682079
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings