This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.6386 / 50°38'18"N
Longitude: -2.2066 / 2°12'23"W
OS Eastings: 385488
OS Northings: 82121
OS Grid: SY854821
Mapcode National: GBR 21Y.T4F
Mapcode Global: FRA 678D.25V
Entry Name: Former Stable Block to Lulworth Castle
Listing Date: 2 October 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1120468
English Heritage Legacy ID: 108607
Location: East Lulworth, Purbeck, Dorset, BH20
Civil Parish: East Lulworth
Traditional County: Dorset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset
Church of England Parish: The Lulworths, Winfrith Newburgh and Chaldon
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
SY8582 EAST LULWORTH LULWORTH PARK
16/148 Former Stable Block
to Lulworth Castle
Former stables and coachhouse, now part residential, part used as Estate Ofcice and
stores. Dated 1777 but incorporating some C17 work; partly remodelled c1900. Brick
walls, tiled roof, brick stacks with oversailing courses. Quadrangular plan, round
courtyard. One storey and attics. Main, north, range has elliptical entrance arch
with date stone, under a half-timbered gable. Timber clock turret over, with ogee-
shaped lead roof. Ground floor windows have timber mullion and transom.
Half-timbered gabled dormers. Series of lead-covered turrets along ridge. Two
timbered porches on east front, one of ornamental rustic design. South front has
stone walls with remains of mullioned window. Modern house and garage added to west
range (these not listable) RCHM Monument 3.
Listing NGR: SY8548882121
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings