This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.78 / 50°46'48"N
Longitude: -2.1092 / 2°6'33"W
OS Eastings: 392398
OS Northings: 97835
OS Grid: SY923978
Mapcode National: GBR 31V.1KM
Mapcode Global: FRA 67G0.XTK
Entry Name: Stables, Coach House and Cottages at Charborough Park, 150m West of the House
Listing Date: 20 November 1959
Last Amended: 28 March 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1120552
English Heritage Legacy ID: 108402
Location: Morden, Purbeck, Dorset, BH20
Civil Parish: Morden
Traditional County: Dorset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset
Church of England Parish: Almer and Charborough St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
SY 99 NW MORDEN CHARBOROUGH PARK
3/124 Stables, coach house and
20/11/59 cottages at Charborough
Park, 150 m west of the house
Formerly listed as "Coachman's house and stabling". Stables, coach house and
2 cottages - one now used as Estate Office. Grouped round a courtyard. Early
to mid C19. Main block has projecting wings at each end. Brick walls, with
dentil cornice at eaves. Hipped slate roof. Mainly single-storey, but with
2-storey block in centre, with pedimented gable, surmounted by a timber arcaded
bell turret with hipped lead roof and wide eaves cornice. Pediment, rendered,
has clock face surrounded by raised scrolls. Roof of this section has bargeboards
on moulded brackets. Below pediment, on first floor, 4 round-headed windows
with gauged arches and keystones. On ground floor, 2 coach house entrances
with elliptical arches and keystones. On each side of this raised section, the
single-storey centre range has ledged doors, with fanlights and pivoted windows
with glazing bars. Projecting wings each end have similar doors and windows.
Detached cottage at east corner of courtyard has attached stable - now converted
to garage. Brick walls, with dentil cornice at eaves. Hipped slate roof. Brick
end stack. 2 storeys. Panelled door under moulded hood. Ground floor has 2
double-hung sash windows with glazing bars. First floor has 4 similar windows.
Detached cottage at south corner of courtyard - now Estate Office - in similar
style. Flush panel door with fanlight and double garage doors. Ground floor
has 3 double-hung sash windows. First floor has 4 horizontally sliding sash
windows with glazing bars. Single-storey south extension, of brick and slate.
At north-east entrance to courtyard a pair of C18 ornamental iron gate piers -
reset. RCHM Monument 3.
Listing NGR: SY9239897835
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings