History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Court Farm Cottages, Including Stable and Granary at East End.

A Grade II Listed Building in Bere Regis, Dorset

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.7514 / 50°45'5"N

Longitude: -2.2155 / 2°12'55"W

OS Eastings: 384895

OS Northings: 94669

OS Grid: SY848946

Mapcode National: GBR 20K.YGC

Mapcode Global: FRA 6773.BNY

Entry Name: Court Farm Cottages, Including Stable and Granary at East End.

Listing Date: 20 November 1959

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1120598

English Heritage Legacy ID: 108308

Location: Bere Regis, Purbeck, Dorset, BH20

County: Dorset

District: Purbeck

Civil Parish: Bere Regis

Built-Up Area: Bere Regis

Traditional County: Dorset

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset

Church of England Parish: Bere Regis St John the Baptist

Church of England Diocese: Salisbury

Find accommodation in
Bere Regis

Listing Text

SY 8494 BERE REGIS SOUTHBROOK, EAST SIDE

13/33 Court Farm Cottages,
including stable and granary
20/11/59 at east end.

II

Pair of cottages - formerly one house. On site of former Manor House and
incorporating part of its outbuildings. Late C17 origin, enlarged in C18 and
early C19. Walls - original section of rubble stone,later sections of brick,
partly plastered. Tiled roofs, south gable with moulded brick coping and stone
stack. Brick stacks in later sections. L-shaped plan. 2 storeys. West range -
incorporating the earliest section - has C20 glazed door. Ground floor has one
casement window with glazing bars and one C20 metal casement. First floor
has 3 casement windows with glazing bars. C19 east wing has timber casements
in north wall and metal casements in south wall. Cast iron pump on rear wall
of west range. Interior modernised. Detached stable immediately adjoining
east wing, of brick with tiled roof. Adjoining this, a C18 granary on staddle
stones, of brick with ½-hipped tiled roof, - this appears on a drawing of 1786.
RCHM Monument 33.


Listing NGR: SY8489594669

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.