This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.5313 / 54°31'52"N
Longitude: -1.6517 / 1°39'6"W
OS Eastings: 422635
OS Northings: 515163
OS Grid: NZ226151
Mapcode National: GBR JJX1.6G
Mapcode Global: WHC5V.LCPM
Entry Name: Valley House with Conservatory on Left
Listing Date: 16 July 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1121187
English Heritage Legacy ID: 110847
Location: High Coniscliffe, Darlington, DL2
Civil Parish: High Coniscliffe
Traditional County: Durham
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): County Durham
Church of England Parish: Coniscliffe
Church of England Diocese: Durham
NZ 2215 HIGH CONISCLIFFE THE GREEN
18/125 No. 49 (Valley House)
House and conservatory. Late C18 house with later additions and alterations.
Late C19 conservatory. Partly-rendered rubble with some brick infill; pantiled
roof and brick chimney stacks. Glazed wood conservatory. Entrance at rear of
2 storeys, 4 windows. Flush quoins at left. Scattered fenestration: 2 replaced
sashes and canted bay window at right on ground floor; two 12-pane sashes and
two 24-pane sashes, with horizontally-sliding 6-pane sections, above. Lead
sundial, above central ground-floor window, in shape of a grandfather clock has
raised putti, motto: TEMPUS FUGIT and a segmental top with date 1774 (?).
Raised eaves. Roof has raised verges. Old brick end and ridge stacks with
Gable-fronted glazed conservatory, on left return, has canted front entrance bay.
Low 2-storey outshut on rear of house. 6-panel door and 4-pane overlight to
left of outshut.
Interior contains early C19 panelling from Coniscliffe Hall.
Conservatory derelict at time of survey.
Listing NGR: NZ2263515163
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings