This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.591 / 54°35'27"N
Longitude: -1.6531 / 1°39'11"W
OS Eastings: 422512
OS Northings: 521808
OS Grid: NZ225218
Mapcode National: GBR JHWC.X1
Mapcode Global: WHC5G.LV0V
Entry Name: Manor House
Listing Date: 16 July 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1121191
English Heritage Legacy ID: 110854
Location: Houghton Le Side, Darlington, DL2
Civil Parish: Houghton le Side
Traditional County: Durham
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): County Durham
Church of England Parish: Ingleton
Church of England Diocese: Durham
NZ 22 SW HOUGHTON-LE-SIDE HOUGHTON BANK LANE
(East side, off)
2/10 Manor House
Farmhouse. Possibly medieval; greatly altered in mid C18 (door lintel on rear
wing dated 1730 or 1750) and in C19. Coursed rubble painted white; imitation
stone-tiled roof and brick chimney stacks. L-plan with rear outshut in re-
entrant angle. Originally one storey.
2-storey, 3-bay garden front. 1.75 metre-thick ground-floor wall with roughly-
shaped quoins. Later first-floor wall breaks back and has alternating quoins.
Central boarded-over 6-panel door and 2-pane overlight flanked by 2-light
casements in enlarged openings. Three 4-pane sashes, with intermediate glazing
bars removed, above. Steeply-pitched roof has slightly-swept eaves, coped
gables and shaped kneelers. Rebuilt end stacks.
12-pane horizontal-sliding sash set high on left return. One-storey oushut has
12-pane horizontal-sliding sash and pent roof.
Listing NGR: NZ2251221808
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings