This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.5191 / 54°31'8"N
Longitude: -1.5641 / 1°33'50"W
OS Eastings: 428313
OS Northings: 513845
OS Grid: NZ283138
Mapcode National: GBR KJJ5.5S
Mapcode Global: WHC5W.YNCY
Entry Name: 1-8, Harewood Grove
Listing Date: 28 April 1952
Last Amended: 6 September 1977
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1121296
English Heritage Legacy ID: 110606
Location: Darlington, DL3
Electoral Ward/Division: Park West
Built-Up Area: Darlington
Traditional County: Durham
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): County Durham
Church of England Parish: Blackwell All Saints and Salutation
Church of England Diocese: Durham
5195 Nos 1 to 8 (consec)
(Formerly listed separately)
NZ 2813 11/75 28.4.52.
Imposing early-mid C19 terrace of Newcastle type. Each house 3 storeys and basement,
2 windows; 2 windows and door on ground floor. Fairly low pitched slated roof
hipped at ends, having deep eaves soffit on paired brackets over stone frieze.
Row of transverse chimney stacks. Two centre and single end houses project and
have pilasters defining bays, above a stone lst floor cill band the full length
of front. Four inner bays of central section project slightly under pediment.
Pinkish brick. Stone lintels and cills to sash windows. Ashlar faced basement.
Four steps to 8-pane1 doors, with cornice head and oblong fanlight with margin
lights, in simple stone architraves, except for central paired doors in double
prostyle Ionic porch. This supports the broken forward centre section of a full
width cast iron balcony divided into single-window units only in the 2 end houses.
Listing NGR: NZ2831313845
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings