This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.7772 / 54°46'37"N
Longitude: -1.5869 / 1°35'12"W
OS Eastings: 426667
OS Northings: 542557
OS Grid: NZ266425
Mapcode National: GBR KFC6.79
Mapcode Global: WHC4Q.L6J1
Entry Name: Statues East of Durham Miners Association Offices
Listing Date: 10 March 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1121394
English Heritage Legacy ID: 110439
Location: County Durham, DH1
County: County Durham
Electoral Ward/Division: Neville's Cross
Parish: Non Civil Parish
Built-Up Area: Durham
Traditional County: Durham
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): County Durham
Church of England Parish: Durham St Margaret of Antioch
Church of England Diocese: Durham
DURHAM AND FRAMWELLGATE REDHILLS LANE
NZ 24 SE (North side)
4/384 Statues east of Durham
Miners Association Offices
4 statues. 1874; one signed J. WHITEHEAD/WESTMINSTER/LONDON; from Miners'
Hall, North Road (q.v.). Ashlar plinths with granite name-plaques; marble
statues over life size. Curved, panelled plinths with names FORMAN, PATTERSON,
MACDONALD, CRAWFORD incised in plain letters, support standing figures, each
holding book or scroll; that of Macdonald signed.
Listing NGR: NZ2666742557
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings