This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7766 / 51°46'35"N
Longitude: 0.7819 / 0°46'54"E
OS Eastings: 592011
OS Northings: 212318
OS Grid: TL920123
Mapcode National: GBR RN1.DJD
Mapcode Global: VHKGH.HLQX
Entry Name: Limesbrook Farmhouse
Listing Date: 10 January 1953
Last Amended: 5 February 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1121530
English Heritage Legacy ID: 353176
Location: Tolleshunt D'arcy, Maldon, Essex, CM9
Civil Parish: Tolleshunt D'Arcy
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Tolleshunt d'Arcy St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TOLLESHUNT D'ARCY KELVEDON ROAD
TL 91 SW
3/64 Limesbrook Farmhouse,
formerly listed as
10.1.53 Limebrook Farmhouse
House. Early C16, altered in early C19. Timber framed, plastered, roofed with
handmade red clay tiles. 3-bay range with long-wall jetty to S, and axial
stack. C19 extension to W. 3-bay crosswing at E end, also jettied to S, with
external stack at side. C19 extension to W. Early C19 narrow entrance range to
N of main range, completing a rectangular plan, and altering a house originally
facing S to face N. 2 storeys. N (entrance) elevation, ground floor, 2
C19/early C20 sashes and 3 C20 casements; first floor, one C19/early C20 sash,
one early C19 sash of 3 + 6 lights and one of 16 lights. C20 door in C20 porch.
Date 1504 inscribed in modern plaster. Hipped roof. S (garden) elevation,
ground floor, one C18 3-light window with wrought iron casement, 2 C18 windows
of 3 fixed lights, all with rectangular leading, and 2 C20 casements; first
floor, 2 C17 3-light windows and one C18 3-light window, all with wrought iron
casements. Both jetties plastered. Chamfered axial and transverse beams,
cambered tiebeams. The RCHM (9) reported a beam with billet moulding, and a
crownpost roof in the crosswing. Described as the manor of Langbrokes by P.
Morant, The History and Antiquities of Essex, 1768, I, 399, and as Langbrokes in
Chapman and Andre's map of 1777.
Listing NGR: TL9201112318
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings