This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.7912 / 53°47'28"N
Longitude: -1.7593 / 1°45'33"W
OS Eastings: 415952
OS Northings: 432792
OS Grid: SE159327
Mapcode National: GBR JHL.RJ
Mapcode Global: WHC98.YYDZ
Entry Name: Deutsche Evangelische Kirche
Listing Date: 9 August 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1121990
English Heritage Legacy ID: 336491
Location: Bradford, BD7
Electoral Ward/Division: City
Built-Up Area: Bradford
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Horton All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
5111 GREAT HORTON ROAD BD7
Deutsche Evangelische Kirche and
SE 1532 45/55O
Small church or rather chapel with attached double gabled minister's house, built in
1877 for the German immigrant community. Conventional Bradford architecture for
period, sandstone brick, slated roofs. Slight gothic features to ministers's house.
The distinguishing feature however is the canted projection to the south-west corner
which is surmounted by a small broached slate spire wing from the pyramidal slate
roof, striking a more Germanic-Flemish note. The church is of interest as an
indication of the importance of the German immigrant community on the worsted trade
in the second half of the C19.
Listing NGR: SE1595232792
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings