This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6256 / 51°37'32"N
Longitude: 0.4172 / 0°25'1"E
OS Eastings: 567411
OS Northings: 194628
OS Grid: TQ674946
Mapcode National: GBR NKH.48Z
Mapcode Global: VHJKM.5DXP
Entry Name: Offices of North Thames Gas Board
Listing Date: 4 August 1971
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1122228
English Heritage Legacy ID: 112351
Location: Billericay, Basildon, Essex, CM12
Civil Parish: Billericay
Built-Up Area: Billericay
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Billericay and Little Burstead
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
5209 HIGH STREET
(Offices of North Thames
TQ 6794 8/39 4.8.71 Gas Board)
A board on the front of the building states "This house was the original
meeting place of the Billericay dissenters who were licenced to worship
here on April 2nd 1672 with liberty of conscience". Originally a C16
-Cl7 timber-framed and plastered house with cross wings at the north and
south ends. Much altered in the C18 and later and renovated in the C1().
At the rear the house is faced with weatherboarding. The windows are
double-hung dashes with glazing bars, those on the 1st storey of the wings
have louvred shutters. The ground storey has a splayed bay with a dentilled
cornice. The door is C20. Roof tiled.
Nos 91 to 95 (odd) with Nos 72 and 74 form a group.
Listing NGR: TQ6741194628
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings