This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9009 / 51°54'3"N
Longitude: 0.6791 / 0°40'44"E
OS Eastings: 584411
OS Northings: 225872
OS Grid: TL844258
Mapcode National: GBR QK0.Y7S
Mapcode Global: VHJJD.QHC4
Entry Name: Boundary Stone Approximately 275 Metres East of the Gardener's Cottage, Marks Hall
Listing Date: 6 September 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1123125
English Heritage Legacy ID: 116187
Location: Coggeshall, Braintree, Essex, CO6
Civil Parish: Coggeshall
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Coggeshall with Markshall
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TL 844259 COGGESHALL MARKS HALL ROAD
2/159 Boundary stone
metres east of The
Parish boundary stone. C18/early C19. Limestone. Of rectangular section,
slightly tapering towards the top, with slightly curved top. Incised Roman
lettering approximately 6 cms high, TP on SW face, MHP on NE face, indicating
the former boundary between Great Tey Parish and Marks Hall Parish. Height
approximately 0.76 metre. Marked on the 1842 tithe map of Marks Hall parish
(Essex Record office D/CT 234).
Listing NGR: TL8441125872
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings