This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9125 / 51°54'45"N
Longitude: 0.4992 / 0°29'57"E
OS Eastings: 571994
OS Northings: 226726
OS Grid: TL719267
Mapcode National: GBR PHG.11D
Mapcode Global: VHJJ9.L6S6
Entry Name: The Old Place
Listing Date: 19 March 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1123381
English Heritage Legacy ID: 115584
Location: Shalford, Braintree, Essex, CM7
Civil Parish: Shalford
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Shalford St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TL 72 NW SHALFORD JASPER'S GREEN
3/65 The Old Place
House. C.1600, altered in C19 and C20. Timber framed, plastered, roof
thatched. 4 bays facing S with axial stack one bay from right end. One-bay
extension to left with end stack, C19. Lean-to extension to rear of right end,
with thatched and slated roof. One storey with attics. 4 C20 casements, 3 more
in tiled gabled dormers, one of which is bracketed out to overhang the front
door, C20. The interior has jowled posts, arched corner bracing trenched inside
studs, chamfered axial and transverse beams, plain joists of horizontal section
supported on pegged clamps but original, original rebated floorboards.
Face-halved and bladed scarf in rear wallplate, clasped purlin roof with arched
wind-bracing. The left extension was undergoing major repairs at time of
survey, September 1984. Large wood-burning hearth facing left. RCHM 27.
Listing NGR: TL7199426726
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings