This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8043 / 51°48'15"N
Longitude: 0.5705 / 0°34'13"E
OS Eastings: 577320
OS Northings: 214860
OS Grid: TL773148
Mapcode National: GBR PJQ.T6T
Mapcode Global: VHJJQ.TXY7
Entry Name: Wall Approximately 8 Metres South-West and 5 Metres South-East of the Tudor House
Listing Date: 13 March 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1123414
English Heritage Legacy ID: 115469
Location: Terling, Braintree, Essex, CM3
Civil Parish: Terling
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Terling All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TL 7714 TERLING CHURCH GREEN
11/121 Wall approx. 8 metres
south-west and 5 metres
south-east of The Tudor
Wall. C16, altered in C18. Red brick in English bond and Flemish stretcher
bond, with C18 alteration in Flemish bond. Forms the SW boundary between The
Manor House and Church Green for approx. 17 metres, then turns NE, the first 7
metres being of C18 construction, and then the original wall continues NE for a
further 24 metres. One gateway SW of house, one SE of house. Height approx.
one metre, 0.33 metre thick. Brick coping renewed. Shown on an estate map by
John Walker, 1597. Included for group value.
Listing NGR: TL7732014860
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings