This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.949 / 51°56'56"N
Longitude: 0.4376 / 0°26'15"E
OS Eastings: 567620
OS Northings: 230638
OS Grid: TL676306
Mapcode National: GBR NFG.PG7
Mapcode Global: VHJJ2.J8PR
Entry Name: North Place saddlers
Listing Date: 17 May 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1123469
English Heritage Legacy ID: 115297
Location: Great Bardfield, Braintree, Essex, CM7
Civil Parish: Great Bardfield
Built-Up Area: Great Bardfield
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Great Bardfield St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TL 6730 GREAT BARDFIELD CROWN STREET
8/158 (east side)
North Place and
House, now divided into 2. C17, altered in C18 and c.1900. Timber framed,
plastered with some imitation framing, roofed with handmade red clay tiles. 4
bays facing W with axial stack at left end, and crosswings at both ends. 2-
storey extensions to left and to rear of left crosswing, and single-storey lean-
to extension in front left corner. Parallel range to rear of main block. 2
storeys. Ground floor, one C20 casement, 2 late C19 tripartite sashes of 2-4-2
lights and one sash of 8 lights, c.1900. First floor, 3 C20 casements and 3
sashes of 8 lights, c.1900. Exposed imitation framing on the upper storeys of
both crosswings and the left extension, c.1900. 5-panel door with top panel
glazed in Tuscan portico, and garage doors at right end. Entrance to Saddlers
in left return wall. The interior is mainly plastered, and the beams boxed in.
Roof rebuilt in softwood. Listed for Group Value.
Listing NGR: TL6762030638
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings