This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8301 / 51°49'48"N
Longitude: 0.7015 / 0°42'5"E
OS Eastings: 586247
OS Northings: 218056
OS Grid: TL862180
Mapcode National: GBR QL0.B5N
Mapcode Global: VHKG8.38QD
Entry Name: Tanners
Listing Date: 25 June 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1123796
English Heritage Legacy ID: 116528
Location: Kelvedon, Braintree, Essex, CO5
Civil Parish: Kelvedon
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Kelvedon St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
HIGHFIELDS LANE (north-east side),
Pair of attached cottages, now one house. C18, altered and extended in C20.
Timber framed, plastered, roofed with handmade red plain tiles. 5 bays facing
SW with central stack. Rear lean-to extensions. Large extension to left in the
form of a crosswing, connected to the main house by a narrower link, 1986. One
storey with attics. 4 C20 casements and 4 more in gabled dormers. Plain
boarded door in C20 timber framed and gabled porch. Half-hipped gambrel roof.
2 wood-burning hearths. Thin studding with primary straight bracing exposed
internally. Thin joists of vertical section. Internal partitions removed,
leaving empty mortices without peg-holes. Shown on First Edition 25" O.S. map
of 1875 as an ancillary building of Tan Office, which was demolished before the
Second Edition of 1895.
Listing NGR: TL8624718056
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings