This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6674 / 51°40'2"N
Longitude: 0.2021 / 0°12'7"E
OS Eastings: 552385
OS Northings: 198808
OS Grid: TQ523988
Mapcode National: GBR T6.FMN
Mapcode Global: VHHMV.GC63
Entry Name: Lawns
Listing Date: 27 August 1952
Last Amended: 11 April 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1123996
English Heritage Legacy ID: 117935
Location: Stanford Rivers, Epping Forest, Essex, CM5
District: Epping Forest
Civil Parish: Stanford Rivers
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Stanford Rivers St Margaret
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TQ 59 NW STANFORD RIVERS ROMFORD ROAD
27/8/52 (formerly listed as
House late C16/early C17. Timber framed and rough rendered with gabled and
jettied crosswings to right and left. 2 storeys 1:1:1 original window range of
5 lights with transomes on foliated brackets, central window only of 3 lights.
Central plank and muntin door with transomed side lights on foliated brackets.
Fine, central red brick chimney stack with 6 tall octagonal shafts and another
matching 3 shaft chimney to left. Original barge boards to gables. Internally
stop chamfered bridging joists and beams to main frame. Some good late C17
mouldings in rear room with contemporary corner cupboard and a moulded fire
surround. Ovolo mullion window. C18 doors and various details of a c1820/30
facelift including an office extension at rear with 3 light window, doors and a
brick cellar also vertical bead boarding to one room. Brick floors to ground
floor and large original floorboards to first floor. RCHM 7.
Listing NGR: TQ5238598808
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings