This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7022 / 51°42'8"N
Longitude: 0.2452 / 0°14'42"E
OS Eastings: 555245
OS Northings: 202772
OS Grid: TL552027
Mapcode National: GBR MGZ.8SB
Mapcode Global: VHHMP.6GGX
Entry Name: United Reformed Church
Listing Date: 11 April 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1124073
English Heritage Legacy ID: 117814
Location: Ongar, Epping Forest, Essex, CM5
District: Epping Forest
Civil Parish: Ongar
Built-Up Area: Chipping Ongar
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Chipping Ongar with Shelley
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TL 5502 ONGAR HIGH STREET (E side)
9/99 United Reformed Church
Church. Circa 1833 to design of John Sadd. Gault brick built return wall of
early yellow stocks with grey slate roof. C20 central forward extending
enclosed porch, matching as far as possible the main build with 4 pilaster
strips, 4 panelled double doors and pediment. The main build of 2 storeys.
Roundel with foliar infil to gable. 3 window range, first floor, 2 range
ground floor of C18 small paned vertical sliding sashes with coloured, patterned
glazed margins. Recessed side strips and upper central window. This window
with moulded stone brackets and patera to flat canopy. Ground floor windows
with moulded stone surrounds and canopy. Central band, moulded band to eaves.
Moulded cornice to gable. Return wall of 4 bays with pilaster strips and 4
full length small paned windows with gauged brick arches and keystones. One
window now blocked. Congregational Minister Isaac Taylor and David Livingstone
preached in this Church.
Listing NGR: TL5524502772
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings