This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8185 / 51°49'6"N
Longitude: -1.0545 / 1°3'16"W
OS Eastings: 465270
OS Northings: 213737
OS Grid: SP652137
Mapcode National: GBR 9ZR.XYC
Mapcode Global: VHCXK.NKXB
Entry Name: Walls to Forecourt and Garden of the Manor House, with Piers and Summerhouse
Listing Date: 25 October 1951
Last Amended: 26 February 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1124293
English Heritage Legacy ID: 42416
Location: Brill, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, HP18
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Brill
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Brill
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 6513 BRILL OAKLEY ROAD
8/35 Walls to forecourt and
garden of The Manor House,
with piers and summer-house
(formerly listed under
- The Manor House)
Walls to forecourt and garden, with corner and gate piers and small
summer house to centre of W. wall. Walls are early C17, of thin brick
in English bond with plain brick coping and pilasters. Wall to N.
side of garden raised late C18. Gate piers on N.E. side of forecourt
are also C17, of similar brick, with recessed moulded panels towards
house, pilasters to outer face, moulded neckings and off-set heads. Corner
piers and piers to gates in S. wall of forecourt and N. wall of garden
have been altered late C18 and are of plainer design with moulded neckings,
off-set heads, and moulded tops to pilasters. Late C18 summer house is
of red and vitreous brick with red quoins and semi-circular arch.
Modillion cornice, pyramidal tile roof with finial.
Listing NGR: SP6527013737
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings