This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8817 / 51°52'54"N
Longitude: -0.8385 / 0°50'18"W
OS Eastings: 480044
OS Northings: 220988
OS Grid: SP800209
Mapcode National: GBR C0L.YNJ
Mapcode Global: VHDTR.FY2V
Entry Name: Church Hall
Listing Date: 29 January 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1124320
English Heritage Legacy ID: 42378
Location: Whitchurch, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, HP22
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Whitchurch
Built-Up Area: Whitchurch
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Whitchurch with Creslow
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 8020 WHITCHURCH OVING ROAD
9/230 Church Hall
Hall, formerly school. 1866, by George Devey, extended 1883. Red
brick with blue diapers, irregular rubble stone quoins and plinth.
Old tile roof. One storey, 2 bays. Left bay has 3-light stone
mullion window with diamond leading. Right bay is gabled to front,
with moulded bargeboards and pendent finial, off-set buttress to
left, and similar 4-light window with transoms. Above window is a
small recessed brick panel with a diamond motif in blue brick. Lean-to
of brick and weatherboard to right. Later wing to rear also has stone
mullion windows, 2-light flanking 3-light, but with plain glazing.
Entry to south in angle between wings.
Listing NGR: SP8004220988
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings