This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.857 / 51°51'25"N
Longitude: -0.8197 / 0°49'10"W
OS Eastings: 481382
OS Northings: 218258
OS Grid: SP813182
Mapcode National: GBR D2B.HLC
Mapcode Global: VHDTY.RL09
Entry Name: Village Hall
Listing Date: 29 January 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1124341
English Heritage Legacy ID: 42326
Location: Weedon, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, HP22
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Weedon
Built-Up Area: Weedon
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Hardwick
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 81 NW WEEDON HIGH STREET
6/178 Village Hall
Village hall, formerly school. 1877. By George Devey for
Mrs. Cazenove of Lilies. Red brick with diaper patterning in blue headers;
stone mullion windows and door arch. Steeply pitched tiled roof,
gables coped with moulded brickwork, the far gable with tile-hanging to
rear. Gables also have cylindrical brick finials with stone caps.
External brick chimney to left side has diapered base and 2 square shafts
set diagonally with off-set heads. L-plan. One storey. Front to
road has wide gabled bay to left with transomed 4-light window below
Tudor hoodmould, and small semi-circular arched recess above with
stone sill, key and impost blocks. Narrow bay to right has board and
stud door with leaded fanlight in chamfered 4-centred arch with hoodmould.
Left side has 4-light window. Smaller bay to rear. All windows have
Listing NGR: SP8138218258
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings