This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6823 / 51°40'56"N
Longitude: -0.6572 / 0°39'25"W
OS Eastings: 492933
OS Northings: 199024
OS Grid: SU929990
Mapcode National: GBR F60.GPC
Mapcode Global: VHFS8.KZF7
Entry Name: Lime Farm Cottage
Listing Date: 5 June 1990
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1124924
English Heritage Legacy ID: 44599
Location: Little Missenden, Chiltern, Buckinghamshire, HP7
Civil Parish: Little Missenden
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Little Missenden
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
The following building shall be added:
LITTLE MISSENDEN A413
SU 99 NW
Lime Farm Cottage
House. 1811-12 with slightly later extension; late C19 addition; C20 altera-
tions. Flint with quoined brick dressings; late C19 addition of brick in
Flemish bond; plain tile roofs; corniced brick stacks. Originally L-shaped with
slightly later addition filling angle and forming square plan. 2 storeys, with
attic to front range; 2 bays; late C19 side-outshut on right; and added rear
outshuts. Chamfered brick plinth. C20 half-glazed door to right of centre
flanked on each floor by C20 wooden cross windows; the ground floor windows with
lowered heads; 2-span; roof, hipped and with stack to left side, on right in
valley, and at rear right side. Board door to outshut. Rear: straight joint
indicates infill addition which has canted bay with small-pane first floor
window (lower part of which is a casement). Right bay has ground floor masked
by later outshuts with Welsh slate roofs; first floor window as front. Left
return: narrow original stair window to left of centre; half-gable, in brick,
over front range adjoining stack. Interior: on grounds floor, reused C18 doors
with raised and fielded panels, one set in surround of reused C18 moulded
panelling - other reused panelling over doors. Dog-leg open string stair, the
newels with polygonal finials (cut into). On first floor, board doors; small
wall cupboard next to fireplace in rear right room. Attic has old floor boards.
Evidence from the Land Tax Returns and the Estate Accounts indicate that the
house was built 1811-12, while the 1834 Tithe Map shows its square plan.
Originally there was a larger house almost attached to the north-west corner
(this has now gone but its footings remain).
Listing NGR: SU9292999023
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings