History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Former Barclays Bank

A Grade II Listed Building in Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.5894 / 51°35'21"N

Longitude: -0.5516 / 0°33'5"W

OS Eastings: 500435

OS Northings: 188827

OS Grid: TQ004888

Mapcode National: GBR F79.CBH

Mapcode Global: VHFSX.D97Y

Entry Name: Former Barclays Bank

Listing Date: 3 May 1989

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1124998

English Heritage Legacy ID: 44366

Location: Gerrards Cross, South Bucks, Buckinghamshire, SL9

County: Buckinghamshire

District: South Bucks

Civil Parish: Gerrards Cross

Traditional County: Buckinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire

Church of England Parish: Gerrard's Cross and Fulmer

Church of England Diocese: Oxford

Find accommodation in
Chalfont Saint Peter

Listing Text

The frollowing building shall be added;

GERRARDS CROSS PACKHORSE ROAD
TQ 08 NW
5/508 Former Barclays Bank
II
Bank. 1911-12, by Edgington and Spink. English bond brick with stone
dressings; slate mansard roof; brick ridge stacks with moulded stone
cornices. Double - depth plan. Wrenaissance style. 2 storeys and attic;
symmetrical 3 - window range. Finely - carved pedimented stone doorway, with
flaming urn set in tympanum of swan-necked open pediment over fluted
Corinthian pilasters framing panelled double doors. 12 - pane sashes set in
gauged red brick square - headed architraves with finely - carved keystones to
ground floor and cut brick aprons to first floor. Rusticated quoin strips;
dentilled wood cornice; oedimented dormers. Similar 3 - bay side elevations,
with rear bay to right having fine brick swag over round window above sash
window framed by rusticated pilaster and quoin strips. Two-storey extension
of 1930s and one-storey extension of 1958, in similar style to rear.
Interior: banking hall has panelled dado with dentilled cornice, and arched
doorways to stair - hall at rear (not inspected).


Listing NGR: TQ0043588827

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.