This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.559 / 51°33'32"N
Longitude: -0.6892 / 0°41'21"W
OS Eastings: 490967
OS Northings: 185266
OS Grid: SU909852
Mapcode National: GBR F7J.6KM
Mapcode Global: VHFT1.02JQ
Entry Name: Stable Buildings at Cliveden
Listing Date: 23 September 1955
Last Amended: 26 April 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1125043
English Heritage Legacy ID: 44258
Location: Taplow, South Bucks, Buckinghamshire, SL6
District: South Bucks
Civil Parish: Taplow
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Taplow
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SU 98 NW TAPLOW CLIVEDEN ROAD (Cliveden)
3/660 Sable buildings at
Cliveden (formerly listed
23.9.55 as Cliveden, together with
terrace wall, octagonal
temple, Blenheim Pavilion
arid balustrade from Villa
1861, by Henry Clutton (1819-93). Heavy cement rendering; slate-hipped roofs
with elaborate finials. Moulded cornice and string courses. Upper windows
break into roof and have heavy surrounds with curved pediments supported on side
consoles. Ground floor with carriage andgarage entrance doors. Above the yard
rises very large square clock tower with 4 balustraded balconies below the 4
clock faces. Clocks in elaborate bronze surrounds. Italianate turret on top.
To left and right of tower an open loggia with iron screens.
Listing NGR: SU9096785266
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings