This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5713 / 51°34'16"N
Longitude: -0.7762 / 0°46'34"W
OS Eastings: 484915
OS Northings: 186537
OS Grid: SU849865
Mapcode National: GBR D5W.GKT
Mapcode Global: VHDWB.HRJS
Entry Name: Entrance Gate and Stables at New Court
Listing Date: 31 January 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1125063
English Heritage Legacy ID: 46214
Location: Marlow, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, SL7
Civil Parish: Marlow
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Great Marlow with Marlow Bottom, Little Marlow and Bisham
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 21/07/2015
SU 8486 1/102
HIGH STREET (North East Side)
Entrance gate and stables at New Court
Entrance gate and stable block, 1876 by Robert William Edis (1836-1927), built for New Court House , 1877 also by Edis, but which is not itself included in the listing. Mainly of one storey in rich red brick with also rich red tile roof and crest tiles, in Domestic Revival Style. At the centre there is a prominent 2 storey section with a gable, and a 3 light casement on the 1st floor, also a small slit window on the right. To the left are 3 high up ground floor windows, with also 5 slit windows, on the extreme left there is a stable loft door in a Gabled roof, and on the main roof ridge a louvred turret topped by a pyramid shaped tiled roof surmounted by an iron weather vane. On the right side there is a screen wall which at the end is gabled over a Gothic arched carriageway entrance. There is a heraldic device in the gable over the archway. Iron spiked gates in the gateway. There are 2 tall chimney stacks on the main building.
Listing NGR: SU8492186539
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings