This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6299 / 51°37'47"N
Longitude: -0.7507 / 0°45'2"W
OS Eastings: 486564
OS Northings: 193084
OS Grid: SU865930
Mapcode National: GBR D54.P10
Mapcode Global: VHDW4.X9ZB
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 9 January 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1125180
English Heritage Legacy ID: 45992
Location: Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP11
District Council Ward: Abbey
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: High Wycombe All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
818/2/24 CHURCH SQUARE
09-JAN-54 CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
963 CHURCH SQUARE
Church of All Saints
SU 8693 SE 2/24 9.1.54
Originally Norman, rebuilt 1273, heightened and altered C15. The tower, originally over the crossing, was rebuilt at the west end circa 1521-35 under supervision of a certain Roland Messenger; cornice, parapet and pinnacles added circa 1755 by Henry Keene. Restored by G E Street, 1873-5, and by J 0ldrid Scott 1889-9. Impressive architectural wall, monument in north chapel to 1st Earl of Shelburne, 1754 by Scheemakers. Other monuments include one to Sophia Countess of Shelburne, 1771 by Agostino Carlini in south chapel, Shrimpton monument by Westmacott, 1784. The church is long with slender pillars to arcades of lofty nave. South porch of circa 1275.
Church of All Saints, Churchyard Gates together with No 2, The Antelope Public House, No 5 and No 6 form a group with Nos 1 to 3 (consec) High Street.
Listing NGR: SU8657393084
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings