This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6354 / 51°38'7"N
Longitude: -0.6981 / 0°41'53"W
OS Eastings: 490196
OS Northings: 193760
OS Grid: SU901937
Mapcode National: GBR D56.JB1
Mapcode Global: VHDW5.V593
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 19 May 1978
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1125625
English Heritage Legacy ID: 46891
Location: Chepping Wycombe, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP10
Civil Parish: Chepping Wycombe
Built-Up Area: High Wycombe
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Tylers Green
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
CHEPPING WYCOMBE CHURCH ROAD
SU 99 SW
3/5 The Old Rectory
House, formerly a semi-detached pair of houses. Circa 1838 (deeds).
Front rendered and colourwashed, rear flint with brick dressings. Flint,
wooden eaves, hipped slate roof, central brick chimney. Symmetrical
double pile building of 2 storeys and 2 bays, with 2-storey porch
projections to centre of each side. 3-pane sashes, those to ground
floor almost full-length. Similar sash in return of left bay. Porch
projections have smaller 2-pane sashes facing front at first floor
level. Left porch has had doorway removed; right porch retains
shallow arched recess with 6-panelled door and semi-circular fanlight.
Fanlight has ornamental glazing bars in Bloomsbury style. Single storey
rear wing, formerly outbuildings.
Listing NGR: SU9019693760
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings