This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5975 / 51°35'50"N
Longitude: -0.7264 / 0°43'35"W
OS Eastings: 488311
OS Northings: 189502
OS Grid: SU883895
Mapcode National: GBR D5K.WNR
Mapcode Global: VHDWC.C3BQ
Entry Name: The Forrester's Cottage
Listing Date: 8 January 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1125632
English Heritage Legacy ID: 46904
Location: Little Marlow, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, SL7
Civil Parish: Little Marlow
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Great Marlow with Marlow Bottom, Little Marlow and Bisham
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
CHEPPING WYCOMBE SHEEPRIDGE LANE
SU 88 NE
5/20 The Forrester's Cottage
House. Early-mid C18, altered 1956. Timber frame with brick infill,
the front with framing partly planked and infill renewed C20. Some
flint in plinth. Second bay weatherboarded. Reroofed C20 with old
plain tiles, formerly thatched. 2 chimneys. 1½ storeys, 5 bays.
C20 2 and 3-light casements, the left bays with wooden glazing bars,
remainder leaded. Upper windows are transomed with the upper lights
in C20 gabled semi-dormers. C20 glazed door to right of centre, another
in right end. C20 French doors in left end. Interior: fourth bay has
stop-chamfered spine beam and joists with narrow run-out chamfers;
heavy truss with raking queen posts to right of centre, other trusses
with queen struts; some wind-braces; marble fireplace of c.1832, formerly
in Park Street, Windsor, is re-sited in ground floor left room. House
was formerly an L-plan block of cottages, the left wing demolished 1950s.
Listing NGR: SU8831189502
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings