This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.614 / 51°36'50"N
Longitude: -0.8929 / 0°53'34"W
OS Eastings: 476749
OS Northings: 191152
OS Grid: SU767911
Mapcode National: GBR C3T.P36
Mapcode Global: VHDW2.GPSL
Entry Name: The Old Bakehouse
Listing Date: 21 June 1955
Last Amended: 22 January 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1125640
English Heritage Legacy ID: 46828
Location: Turville, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, RG9
Civil Parish: Turville
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Ibstone
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SU 79 SE TURVILLE TURVILLE VILLAGE
3/176 The Old Bakehouse (formerly listed
under Ibstone parish).
House. 2 C17 bays to right, altered C18, and extended to left late C18-
early C19. Right bays have timber frame with brick infill in right gable,
and front rebuilt in brick. Left bay is of flint with brick dressings.
Old tile roof, brick chimneys to right and to rear of centre bay. One
storey and attic, 3 bays. Left bays have large 3-light wooden casements to
ground floor, and flush-panelled door with top-light between. Right bay
has 3-pane sash to left with C19 flush-panelled wooden shutter, and paired
barred wooden casement to right with board shutter. C18 2-panelled door
with segmental head to centre of this bay. 3 gabled eaves-line dormers
with paired barred wooden casements. Early C19 rear wing, formerly a
bakery. Interior has timber framing in right bays, with stop-chamfered
spine beam in centre bay, and curved wind-braces in right bay. One
old door with moulded boards.
Listing NGR: SU7674991152
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings