This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6261 / 51°37'34"N
Longitude: -0.9046 / 0°54'16"W
OS Eastings: 475919
OS Northings: 192491
OS Grid: SU759924
Mapcode National: GBR C3M.S54
Mapcode Global: VHDW2.8DM8
Entry Name: Ibstone House
Listing Date: 21 June 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1125672
English Heritage Legacy ID: 46802
Location: Ibstone, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP14
Civil Parish: Ibstone
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Ibstone
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SU 79 SE IBSTONE
3/150 Ibstone House
House. Late C18 villa with c.1830-40 alterations and service wing to
left. (Kelly's Directory 1847). Refurbished C20, with C20 extensions
to rear at basement level. Colourwashed render, hipped slate roofs,
rendered chimneys. Villa is double pile with canted projections to
right side and rear giving views over valley. 2 storeys and basement,
3-bay front. First floor band course, moulded stone cornice and
parapet. 3-pane sash windows with C20 louvred shutters to upper storey.
Front has slightly recessed centre bay with tripartite sash to first
floor, and half-glazed double doors in wide segmental arch below. Porch
with 2 rendered Doric columns, plain entablature and glazed sides.
Canted projection to right side has French doors in wooden Regency
porch with tented lead roof. Paved terrace to rear over C20 basement
with swimming pool and squash court, the right side with attached
Tuscan colonnade and glazing. Service wing to left of villa is of 2
storeys. 5 slightly lower bays with balustraded parapet; 2-bay
pavilion at left end. 3-pane sashes, those to first floor with C20
shutters; blind windows to ground floor of pavilion; wooden cross casements
to 2 ground floor left bays of remainder. Rear has 5-bay segmental arcade
with C20 glazing, and 3 C20 round windows to first floor. This wing
originally fronted courtyard enclosed by late C18 service ranges,
demolished C20. Interior decoration altered C20 incorporating re-used
C18 and early C19 panelling and carved marble fireplaces. Vaulted
cellars. At present used as offices.
Listing NGR: SU7591992491
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings