This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7092 / 51°42'32"N
Longitude: -0.7537 / 0°45'13"W
OS Eastings: 486211
OS Northings: 201893
OS Grid: SP862018
Mapcode National: GBR D45.VNR
Mapcode Global: VHDVR.W9FL
Entry Name: East Cottage honor End Farmhouse
Listing Date: 21 June 1955
Last Amended: 26 April 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1125853
English Heritage Legacy ID: 46315
Location: Great and Little Hampden, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP16
Civil Parish: Great and Little Hampden
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Great Hampden
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 80 SE GREAT AND LITTLE HAMPDEN HONOR END LANE
6/45 Honor End Farmhouse and
East Cottage (formerly
21.6.55 listed as Honor End
2 houses. Late C16, much altered. Front wing rebuilt mid-late C18 in vitreous
headers with red brick dressings, off-set plinth, moulded first floor band
course and gauged brick window heads. Left gable rendered and colourwashed.
Old tile roof, brick chimney to left. 2 storeys and attic. Originally
3 bays, the openings now altered. Blocked windows to left, 4-pane sashes
to centre and upper right. Half-glazed door to right. Slightly lower
extension to right is of red and vitreous brick to ground floor with later
C19 brick above, and has one bay of 4-pane sashes. Wing to rear, forming
L-plan, also rebuilt in brick early C19 with old tile roof, the far gable and
central chimney built 1954. 2 storeys, 2 bays of leaded casements, entry in
far gable. Interior of this wing has remains of timber frame, with
moulded spine beam in far bay.
Listing NGR: SP8621101893
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings